Range Hours Announcement
The Pistol and Rifle Ranges will close at 3 p.m. on the Third Thursday of each month to allow for set up of the Thurdsay Night Pistol Steel Shoot.
Stay Informed and Stay Involved!
There is lots of movement on gun rights and gun control at the state and federal levels.
While the NRA continues to wrestle with its financial challenges, there are many other organizations that continue to fight back against legislation that infringes on the Second Amendment.
Two federal bills to watch are:
HR 127—The Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act
HR 880—The Firearm Safety Act of 2021
AB 1223—New excise tax on the sale of all shotguns, rifles, firearms precursor parts and ammunition, as well as a 10% tax on all handguns.
Stay informed by regularly visiting:
· SECOND AMENDMENT FOUNDATION
· CALIFORNIA RIFLE AND PISTOL ASSOCIATION
THE MEMBER'S DINNERS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
• Pistol ranges are at the west end of the property and the backstops are facing toward the west edge of the property. The left most bay facing west is Bay 1. The Bays are numbered from left to right.
• Bay 1 – Standard handguns only
• Bay 2 – Standard handguns, Rifles may be sighted in from the bench at 35 yards. Rimfires when a Rifle Range Master is present and authorizes use.
• Bays 3 and 4 – handguns, rifles and shotguns. Rifles and shotguns can be fired no more than 10 rounds at a time.
• The 100 yard rifle range is located under the Rifle Roof behind the rifle line barrier.
ALL MEMBERS have responsibility to ensure that all activities at OSC are conducted in a safe and responsible manner. All firearms shall be unloaded at all times except when actually on the firing line and preparing to shoot. All firearms must be aimed so that any discharge will result in the round impacting the appropriate backstop. "Unloaded" means: all chambers empty, fixed magazines empty, detachable magazines removed, and actions open.
REMEMBER to read and review OSC's "GENERAL RANGE SAFETY RULES" and the "RANGES AND USE OF EACH" sections prior to each time you shoot at the range. This information can be found in the Oakdale Sportsmen's Club Document of Members Responsibilities and Privildeges which is linked to the RULES AND RESPONSIBILITIES page of this website.
EVERY MEMBER is a safety officer, has the responsibility and duty to immediately address all safety violation observed at the Club.
YOU MAKE SAFETY FIRST!
Get Social with OSC!
OSC Gear is here
Keep an eye open around the club for an opportunity to purchase yours!!!
SHOOTING RANGE HOURS
The Handgun Bays are normally open from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. (rifles may be used in Bays 3 & 4), Trap on Wed. & Sat. until 9:30 p.m., the 100 yard and 50 Yard Rifle ranges are available Thursday and Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Check the Club Calendar for any changes or modifications to the normal schedules.
CLUB GATE INFORMATION
OSC ON FACEBOOK